Spring is a beautiful time in the Tampa Bay area, but with this mild weather comes a lot of allergens. Pollen is everywhere and as we try to keep our homes comfortable and safe; we sometimes as homeowners overlook allergens. During this time of year, there are some tips for allergy sufferers that can improve their symptoms.
- Keep windows closed and run the air conditioner if you’re allergic or other outdoor contaminants.
- Don’t use fans when your allergies are bad; they stir up particulates.
- Filter the air and make sure filters are changed regularly.
- Keep the humidity levels in your home low to help prevent mold growth.
- Install dehumidifiers if you have high humidity issues.
- Test your home’s mold level. Higher levels can impact your health in negative ways. Consider professional help if the mold seems to be in multiple areas of your home or business.
- Remove laundry from the washing machine promptly. Don’t leave wet clothes in the washer, where mold can quickly grow.
- Wash shower curtains and bathroom tiles with mold-killing solutions.
- Use allergy-specific coverings for pillows, mattresses, and box springs, and avoid stuffed furniture and down-filled bedding or pillows that cause reactions.
- Wash your bedding every week using hot water.
- Wear a mask and gloves when you clean, vacuum, or paint.
- Vacuum once or twice a week. Clean more frequently if you have pets.
- Use an exhaust fan over your stove to remove cooking fumes.
The Comfort Authority is available at (813) 518-8030 for all your HVAC needs. Call us today or book online to find out about our monthly specials!