Tampa's HVAC Services | License #: CAC1818057
Mold and mildew can be harmful if it is growing in your home. There is no real way to get rid of mold indoors, ultimately the way to control mold is to control moisture. Without moisture the mold or mildew cannot grow. Here are a few tips to help avoid mold and control moisture:
- Find and fix the source of the water or leak to prevent the mold from growing
- Quickly clean all water leaks and spills. Mold is less likely to grow if it is cleaned within 24-48 hours.
- Clean mold and eliminate the source of moisture.
- Make sure you regularly repair and clean roof gutters.
- Water management is important. Keep rain water away from home.
- Make sure that rain doesn’t collect around your home, it should drain away.
- Check foundation. Make sure the ground is angled in a way where water can drain.
- Make sure the humidity indoors is low. if you see any moisture on windows, pipes, walls etc., dry it and reduce water source. COndensation can mean high humidity.
- Make sure all appliances that produce moisture are properly vented. Clothes dryers, stoves etc.
- Keep AC drip pans and drain lines clean.
- Use a dehumidifier if you need to.
- Use fans when needed to increase ventilation and air movement. Only open doors and windows if its practical.
- Run exhaust fan or open window when showering.
- Cover cold surfaces like cold water pipes with insulation.
These are just a few tips you can do to try and avoid mold or mildew growth in your home. You can schedule an appointment and have a licensed, trained professional come to your home and make sure there is no mold or mildew growing in your home. We can also inform you of other ways to help control moisture and avoid possible mold and mildew growth.