Here at the Comfort Authority, we have built our team from many experienced air conditioning professionals. We continue to receive training for customer service and technical training throughout the year. This is one of the main reasons we are an A+ rated Better Business Bureau business. Our focus on customer satisfaction and quality work mean if your AC has any issues; the Comfort Authority is here to help!
Nowadays, our customers are more knowledgeable about air conditioning. Many maintenance items, like changing air filters, can be done by a homeowner. However, there are many times when a professional is needed to correctly assess the issue. We have listed some major misconceptions below to help our customers better understand their air conditioner.
Common AC Misconceptions:
My air conditioner is running well, so I do not need to do the maintenance this year to my system.
- Annual inspection required regardless of how the unit functioning.
If you set your thermostat at a lower temperature, my home will cool down faster.
- Your ac will run until the temperature setting is reached.
You must top off the AC refrigerant when it is low.
- Refrigerant is only needed within your ac unit when there is a leak. Otherwise, the refrigerant circulates throughout the system and rarely needs replacement or additional product added.
My newly replaced AC Filter is cleaning my home’s air.
- Air filters protect the interior of the air conditioner and prevent dust and particles to be circulated throughout the home.
Ice on a part of my air conditioner is normal.
- Ice should never appear in any area of your unit. This is a sign of a possibly serious problem and a professional should be called immediately.
Call us at (813) 518-8030 to get information or book a service today with the Comfort Authority.