The recent weather across the country has many of us concerned about power outages. Whether it is a blizzard or a hurricane, owning a generator is a great way of protecting your family during power outages. A generator can prevent food from spoiling, keep medical devices powered, and heat or cool a home during extreme temperatures. The Comfort Authority has researched generators to offer our customer’s insight into which ones are the best.
Portable generators can power your appliances and range from a few hundred to thousands of dollars. They come in a variety of wattage levels and can run on gas or propane or sometimes either. Running the generator outside is key to avoiding problems like carbon monoxide poisoning that can be associated with generators that are used improperly.
The following generators are priced well for what they do and are highly rated by consumers:
- DuroMax XP12000EH: This heavy- duty generator runs on propane or gas and has 7.5 horsepower.
- Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator: This generator is a great value and runs on propane or gas.
- DuroMax XP5250EH: This model will shut off automatically when oil is low and runs on propane or gas.
- 56200i 2250-Watt Portable Inverter Generator: One of the quietest on the market and is a good value.
- Durostar DS12000EH Portable Generator: This generator can run on up to five outlets and is known for its excellent gas usage.