Floridians understand the value of air conditioning. Our air conditioners keep our homes and businesses comfortable. In our subtropical climate, our units are used a lot. Consequently, certain AC issues here in the Tampa Bay area are common. Understanding these AC troubles can help you catch them before they become a larger problem.
The Comfort Authority designed a fact sheet to help you troubleshoot AC issues. We always recommend having a professional look over your unit if there are any problems. The Comfort Authority can be reached 24/7 at (813) 518-8030.
Common Air Conditioner Problems:
- Dirty filters make your AC work harder. Thus creating more wear and tear and higher energy consumption.
- Refrigerant leaks can occur anytime. As a result, leaks cause high energy consumption and poor comfort control.
- Malfunctioning drain lines can impact the temperature of your home. For example, drain clogs are a common reason why ACs shut down.
- Evaporator coils require regular cleaning to work efficiently.
- Capacitor issues can cause the outdoor fan motor and indoor blower motor to fail. Capacitors give energy to the unit’s compressor.
- Condenser coils are easily damaged from outdoor elements. Therefore, coils should be checked during your annual check-up.